About Me

My photo
I love Jesus. I love my family. I love photography. I love books. I love thinking. Probably in that order. I have a wonderful husband, five beautiful daughters, a house, and a camera. I enjoy spending time talking to my husband, playing with my girls, redecorating my house and shooting things with my camera. In my spare time, I sleep.

Thursday, May 28, 2009

What if...

Do you ever stop and think about the big decisions/changes in your life & wonder, what if...I hadn't taken that extra semester of class, broken up with that guy, taken that new job? I am fortunate enough to be able to say that at least all the major changes/decisions that impacted my life were made easily or were out of my hands and generally have turned out very well. (I think God has really led my direction in those times of change.) However, even though I wouldn't take any do-overs even if given the opportunity and I love my life...I do sometimes miss things I gave up.

This morning, I was just wondering what my life would be like if we had never left Colorado Springs to move here. Like I said, I wouldn't change it...we made the right decision. We never would have been able to buy a house in Colorado, the distance from family was always a drag, and there are some things that a city just can't offer that a small town can (like a siren-free day). But there are things about the city I really miss. I miss the choices--the shopping choices, the restaurant choices, the activity choices. I miss the stimulation & the culture. I miss the mountains. I wonder if we had never taken this job and moved like we did, if we would still be living in the townhouse that was our home for only a few short months before the move or if we would have found another rental. I wonder how many kids we would have at this point. Jasmine would probably not be Jasmine had we stayed. Would Russ have gotten a raise, a promotion, a new job had we stayed or would we be struggling financially? I wonder, "what if?" but I'm grateful for where God has brought us and all the blessing that we have found here.

We had no idea what we were getting ourselves into three years ago when Russ unexpectedly accepted a job working for a company he didn't even know the name of and I packed up our 8 month old daughter & all of our belongings to move to a town where we had no place to live. But the job worked into a great opportunity where Russ' experience & opinion are valued; God provided kind people for us to live with while we searched for a home; and we ended up finding the perfect place to buy and got a great mortgage rate to boot! And to top it all off, our families are now a simple hour to two hour drive away.

Life is good. 'What if' is just for fun.

No comments: