I love Jesus.
I love my family.
I love photography.
I love books.
I love thinking.
Probably in that order.
I have a wonderful husband, five beautiful daughters, a house, and a camera. I enjoy spending time talking to my husband, playing with my girls, redecorating my house and shooting things with my camera.
In my spare time, I sleep.
My reading goal for 2014 was to read more books than I did in 2013. I succeeded in that goal. I read a pretty good mix of books this year. Some christian fiction, biography stories, classics, dystopian YA novels, a few re-reads, lots of good times!
A couple of the books that really stood out for me among the thirty-two books I happened to finish amid the craziness of life are 'In the Presence of my Enemies' which is the true story of missionaries who were taken hostages by a group of Muslims--very raw and life changing--and "Ready Player One" which is a fiction novel set in the future where people spend a majority of their lives in a virtual world. The main character is on a mission to find an easter egg hidden in the program by its 1980s-obsessed creator. So fun! Anyway--here it is--my list...
Books I've read in 2014
01) 'A Promise For Tomorrow' by Judith Pella & Tracie Peterson 1/3
02) 'Good, Clean Murder' by Traci Tyne Hilton 1/6
03) 'In the Shadow of Lions' by Ginger Garrett 1/11
04) 'Small Town Girl' by Ann H Gabhart 2/4
05) 'In the Presence of My Enemies' by Gracia Burnham 2/7
06) 'The Noticer' by Andy Andrews 2/15
07) 'The Noticer Returns' by Andy Andrews 2/19
08) 'Made to Crave' by Lysa Terkeurst 2/20
09) 'My Story' by Elizabeth Smart 2/21
10) 'The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy' by Douglas Adams (audio) 2/27
11) 'The Restaurant at the End of the Universe' by Douglas Adams (audio) 3/2
12) 'Life, the Universe and Everything' by Douglas Adams (audio) 2/7
13) 'Hands Free Mama"' by Rachel Macy Stafford 3/17
14) 'Mostly Harmless' by Douglas Adams (audio) 3/18
15) 'Divergent' by Veronica Roth 3/21
16) 'Insurgent' by Veronica Roth 3/22
17) 'Allegiant' by Veronica Roth 3/24
18) 'The Giver' by Lois Lowry 3/31
19) 'The Husband's Secret' by Liane Moriarty 4/3
20) 'Beautiful Outlaw' by John Eldredge 4/14
21) 'The Great Gatsby' by F. Scott Fitzgerald 4/22
22) 'Stepping Heavenward' by Elizabeth Prentiss 7/21
23) 'The Maze Runner' by James Dashner 9/14
24) 'The Scorch Trials' by James Dashner 9/19
25) 'The Death Cure' by James Dashner 9/20
26) 'Indivisible' by Kristen Heitzmann 9/27
27) 'The Kill Order' by James Dashner 10/6
28) 'Uglies' by Scott Westerfeld 10/21
29) 'Pretties' by Scott Westerfeld 10/23
30) 'Specials' by Scott Westerfeld 10/25
31) 'Ready Player One' by Ernest Cline 11/10
32) 'Same Kind of Different as Me' by Ron Hall & Denver Moore 11/18