About Me

My photo
I love Jesus. I love my family. I love photography. I love books. I love thinking. Probably in that order. I have a wonderful husband, five beautiful daughters, a house, and a camera. I enjoy spending time talking to my husband, playing with my girls, redecorating my house and shooting things with my camera. In my spare time, I sleep.

Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Denver Vacation: Friday

I just got back last night from our vacation to Denver with my brother's family. We left Friday and drove back Monday. I was pretty much packed by the time we went to bed Thursday night. Spent the morning finishing up, waiting for my brother J's family to get here from their home, two hours away. Russ had offered to drive a bucket van to Cheyenne for a former employer so he went & got it. In the mean time the bucket van died & could not be restarted. So when J&S finally arrived, we couldn't just leave as originally planed because Russ & a coworker were still trying to jump the vehicle. Just when I was starting to get impatient & we were about to give up on the bucket van, Russ tried one last thing and it happened to work so off we went. Sort-of. J&S had gone to Walmart to buy walkie-talkies for the trip, we had a movie that had to be dropped off at Blockbuster & I was getting hungry so we agreed to meet at a local truckstop and Russ took the movie back, while I hit the drive-thru and we all met up 20 min later. We were finally on the road by 11:30 or so. I drove the girls in the van, Russ drove the bucket, and J&S had their car.
With one bathroom stop we made it to Cheyenne in good time, dropped off the bucket van, hit a local Micky-Ds and were now cruising I-25 to Denver, walkie-talkies charged and in our service. We made a stop in Longmont for fuel & bathrooms and made it to our hotel by 5:00. I was impressed with the rooms. I made reservations on hotels.com and got a really good deal on the 'penthouse' rooms at the Residence Inn by Marriott. Two beds, two bathrooms, pull out couch & full kitchen. Wonderful. The only down side was all the stairs we had to climb & the danger of it with small children. After a brief stint of relaxation we decided that we better think about supper before it got too late. We ended up going to Beau Jo's pizza. It was easy, kid friendly & relaxing. We stuffed ourselves but still decided to grab Jamba Juices. Then we made a stop at Ross before heading back to the hotel for the night.

No comments: