About Me

My photo
I love Jesus. I love my family. I love photography. I love books. I love thinking. Probably in that order. I have a wonderful husband, five beautiful daughters, a house, and a camera. I enjoy spending time talking to my husband, playing with my girls, redecorating my house and shooting things with my camera. In my spare time, I sleep.

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Glasses

Last week I took my girls to the optometrist for an eye check-up.  He said that Eden is a bit far-sighted & Jasmine is a bit near-sighted.  He said in general all kids are a little bit far-sighted but Eden was more far-sighted than average.  He told us that we'll just wait and see how things go for Jasmine since she is still so little he isn't too worried about her yet.  He prescribed reading glasses for Eden though.  He says she really only needs to wear them when she's reading or writing since she is starting kindergarten this year.  I told him we were home schooling and he said that works extra good because then I have more control over when she wears her glasses and when she doesn't.

Everyone on my side of the family wears glasses.  I am the only one with decent vision.  I just got glasses a couple years ago and I don't need to wear them very often.  I generally only need them when I am working on the computer for long stretches of time. I rarely wear them.  Russ is the also the only adult on his side of the family that doesn't have glasses.   My mom & dad have both been wearing glasses since early grade school.  My mom's vision is so bad that the eye doctor was surprised she didn't get hit by a car in preschool!  In spite of a family history of vision problems, with Russ & I both having the good vision in the family I was expecting our kids to be glasses free.  The doctor did say there is a chance they could grow out of it but we always worry about the eyes becoming dependent on the glasses and making the eyes weaker.  Oh well...I'm glad that we know about their vision problems before they cause problems.   And Boy!   Doesn't Eden look cute in her tiny little glasses?  :)

1 comment:

Tiffany said...

She looks so adorable and sweet, Gina!! I am pretty partial to little girls in glasses, though. {wink} Also - I don't think I knew you were home schooling - awesome!!