About Me

My photo
I love Jesus. I love my family. I love photography. I love books. I love thinking. Probably in that order. I have a wonderful husband, five beautiful daughters, a house, and a camera. I enjoy spending time talking to my husband, playing with my girls, redecorating my house and shooting things with my camera. In my spare time, I sleep.

Thursday, January 7, 2010

Progress report

So Eden is 4 1/2. She knows all her numbers & letters and is getting very good at writing them.  We are working with her on learning to read but she isn't very confident and resorts to guessing sounds & letters if she has any doubt at all.  She has been able to write her name for almost a year now and has been learning how to write/spell several other names & words.  She knows: Eden, Jasmine, Acacia, Russ, and Teagan.  I have also been working with her on simple math.(2+2=4, etc)   She has become very proficient in her computer skills.  One of her favorite activities is playing games on pbskids.org.  And we don't mind much because she seems to be learning a lot through that website.

Jasmine is 2 1/2.  She mastered colors & shapes over a year ago and has recently learned most of her letters & numbers.  Although she cannot write it, she can spell her name aloud & her baby sister's name when asked.  We are now working on teaching her to spell her big sister's name.  She was recently potty trained although she still has accidents sometimes (particularly at night.)

Over the past year I have been teaching the girls about relationships and so Eden now enjoys displaying this knowledge by calling her grandma "Dad's mom" instead of "Grandma".  I have also spent a lot of time teaching them the different jobs that their relatives have.  It is fun to hear Jasmine say that Papa is "a farmer/rancher". :) 

Acacia is 3 1/2 months old and is one of the happiest babies I've ever seen.  She is starting to "talk" a lot.  She tries to copy us when we talk back to her.  We all swear she has said "hi" back to us on several occasions.  Acacia has also been displaying a desire to "sit up" but she doesn't yet have the strength or balance to do that on her own.  (But she sure wants to!)

That's it for now.  Just want to record this info somewhere for my own poor memory and thought some of you might enjoy it as well. Caio!

2 comments:

Tiffany said...

This was such a sweet post! You will love looking back on this in the future! {grin}

Maria said...

Love the pictures and thoughts. PBSkids.org is indeed a great website and Elisa can now navigate there by herself. She can also navigate a lot of other places by herself--like into the control panel. Independence is not always a good thing.