About Me

My photo
I love Jesus. I love my family. I love photography. I love books. I love thinking. Probably in that order. I have a wonderful husband, five beautiful daughters, a house, and a camera. I enjoy spending time talking to my husband, playing with my girls, redecorating my house and shooting things with my camera. In my spare time, I sleep.

Thursday, April 23, 2009

Thursday Thunks: Spices, quotes & other things

Thursday Thunks

If you could skywrite anything you wanted, what would it be?
God loves you.

2. Did you get drunk at your prom?
No. Not even a thought in my head. Although I guess I was slightly concerned someone might try to spike the punch.

3. What is your favorite spice to use cooking?
Spice...hmm not much on the spices. As a Nebraska girl most of my seasoning is done with salt, pepper & garlic. We use a fair amount of chili powder too, i guess, but that's most because of hubby.

4. What color is your roof?

Brown

5. In a land far, far away I _____________
...would be a tourist-- with a camera & no idea how to speak the language. ;)

6. In the Miss USA pageant, Miss California was asked; "Vermont recently became the fourth state to legalize same sex marriage. Do you think every state should follow suit? Why or why not?" and her answer was; "Well I think it's great that Americans are able to choose one or the other. Um, we live in a land that you can choose same sex marriage or opposite marriage and, you know what, in my country and in, in my family, I think that I believe that a marriage should be between a man and a woman," Carrie said to a mix of boos and applause. "No offense to anybody out there. But that's how I was raised and that's how I think that it should be between a man and a woman." Do you think that cost her the crown?
Probably. It doesn't pay to speak your convictions if they happen to be in opposition to what is "politically correct." I am pleased that she did find the courage to say what more than half of America really believes.

7. Do you watch Miss USA/Miss America pageants?
Not anymore. No television. Though, I was never a devoted watcher but I used to enjoy them the few times I did watch them.

8. Have you ever driven/ridden on a tractor?
Oh yeah! I've never driven a tractor but I used to ride with my dad occasionally when I was a kid. I remember one time when my brother & I rode with him on the tractor while he worked and him telling us the story of Sampson from the Bible. That has always been one of my favorite memories.

9. For the parents - what cartoon/children show did your child watch obsessively? (Hey, if you aren't a parent, maybe a niece or nephew...)
Oh dear...it depends what week it is. We don't have television so everything my kids watch is on dvd but Eden has watched "Tom & Jerry" obsessively, "Spongebob" (of course) and several of her movies. I'm glad we don't have tv so that I still have some control over what she becomes obsessed with. She can't become obsessed with the Wiggles if she doesn't know who they are---am I right?

10. If I set a level on your living room floor - would it show that it was level?
No... perhaps in spots depending on how small your level is...but our floor is certainly not perfectly level. It's not horribly unlevel either, though. It's probably worse in the kitchen.

11. What was the last restaurant you ate at?
'San Pedro' It's a new mexican restaurant in our town.

12. What's the picture on your wall calendar for this month?
It's a close up of a tortoise from the Galapagos Islands. My calender is a "Creation Calender" that my MIL got me for Christmas from Answers in Genesis.

13. Are you superstitious?
No.

14. If I get into your car and turn on the radio - what type of radio station will I hear?
I don't have a standard radio station that I listen to (I'm a station-surfer) but if you got in right now I suspect you'd hear KNIF 107.9 which is the small local radio station that is run by my church and generally plays different pastor, speakers & other Christian radio programs. Or if it's not on KNIF you'd probably hear Air1 (The Positive Alternative)-- A nationally broadcast station that plays contemporary Christian music.

15. Would you rather wake up with a snake in your bed or a lizard?
Definitely a lizard.

16. Do you think schools have changed at all since the Columbine tragedy 10 years ago? In what ways?
I do. I think schools have become more cautious & suspicious. And I'm not sure this is totally a good thing.

3 comments:

Dianne said...

Good answers! No television but DVDs-interesting. I had to admit I have mine for background noise-a lot! There are fewer shows I follow as I get older.

simply_unique said...

Great answers! I so agree with you on number 6! happy TT

Anonymous said...

I agree with you about the school things. Schools need to start paying attention to children who seem to have issues (not fitting in, mental problems) etc., and not worrying so much about the zero tolerance stuff.

Great answers.