About Me

My photo
I love Jesus. I love my family. I love photography. I love books. I love thinking. Probably in that order. I have a wonderful husband, five beautiful daughters, a house, and a camera. I enjoy spending time talking to my husband, playing with my girls, redecorating my house and shooting things with my camera. In my spare time, I sleep.

Saturday, January 17, 2009

Poem: "Melancholy Moments"

One minute Writer & my mood this evening have inspired me to write a poem. Take it or leave it...it is what it is.

Melancholy Moments

Some days are filled with sadness
while others are filled with gladness.
But in those times between those two emotions
Lies life and all our complicated notions
of what it means to be human, what it means to be happy, and what it means to feel down.

It is within these times when melancholy moments rise
to show us that sometimes there is joy in the very act of being sad
and that sometimes our greatest insights are conceived
in those strange occasions of taking pleasure in our gloom.

Perhaps it is because, underneath it all,
in our hearts we understand how great our fall.
Maybe in melancholy moments it is best demonstrated
how our earthly souls were fated
to be redeemed.

We feel deeply and we feel conflicted
in our emotions and in our lives
because we know.

We know deep within ourselves
the truth of who we are and who we were meant to be.
We know that we are self-condemned prisoners
who were born to be free.
Our melancholy moments are an emotional sign
proclaiming a longing for our Daddy Divine.

So let us rejoice in these melancholy moments;
Let us revel in the insights that they bring;
For often the blessing of darkness
is that it reveals the light of the King.

by Gina K.
1/17/09

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I was looking for something to describe the Melancholy way I was feeling to a freind in a letter... and I found your poem... very awesome... thanks for sharing!
Carrie in San Diego