About Me

My photo
I love Jesus. I love my family. I love photography. I love books. I love thinking. Probably in that order. I have a wonderful husband, five beautiful daughters, a house, and a camera. I enjoy spending time talking to my husband, playing with my girls, redecorating my house and shooting things with my camera. In my spare time, I sleep.

Friday, September 24, 2010

Happy Birthday, Acacia!

Today is my baby's 1st birthday.  A year ago today I finally got to meet my sweet little smiley girl.
Read her birth story HERE.


Fast facts about her birth:

*My doctor offered to schedule an induction on the 18th but I turned her down.
*I tried acupuncture the week before to try to get my labor to start naturally but it didn't work.
*The labor was almost painless.  So easy.  No drugs.
*I went in the hospital in no pain but 6 cm dilated.  
*I sang "Voice of Truth" to myself during the contractions.
*It took four tries & three nurses to get my IV needle placed.  Came home with a huge bruise on my arm. 
*I planned on watching the season premeir of The Office while I labored but she chose to be born at 8:03 pm and so I missed it. ;)
*We made them wait a couple minutes before cutting the cord and I got to hold her during this time.
*She had low oxygen saturation & fluid in her lungs so I barely got to see her after that.  :(
*In the two hours after she was born, Russ followed her progress in the NICU while I showered, ate a sandwich (sooo hungry!), called my parents & watched stupid shows on television.
*It was long after midnight before I got to nurse her for the first time.
*We were in the middle of remodelling our kitchen so Russ went home during the days to get some work done.
*I had to come home without her and spent the week going to the hospital every three hours to feed & hold her.
*She smiled at me for the first time while still in the NICU and I got photographic proof that newborns really can smile. (It's not always gas!)
*She was born on Thursday and came home on the following Wednesday.
*We went straight from the hospital to my chiropractic appointment. (After dropping Eden & Jasmine off at dance class.)
*I did my first photoshoot with her the Saturday after she came home.
*We spent the majority of the next month isolated in my bedroom because we didn't want her to be exposed to the remodeling dust.
---------------------------------------

Happy First Birthday, Acacia!  Mama loves you.  You are soo special to me.


No comments: