About Me

My photo
I love Jesus. I love my family. I love photography. I love books. I love thinking. Probably in that order. I have a wonderful husband, five beautiful daughters, a house, and a camera. I enjoy spending time talking to my husband, playing with my girls, redecorating my house and shooting things with my camera. In my spare time, I sleep.

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

My latest poem..."Art"

Just so you all are warned...this is a lot more personal & risque then what I usually write & definitely more so than what I usually post on here.  It was inspired by Russ, the love of my life, and a line from "So I Married an Axe Murderer"  :) 


Art:  Ode to our love
by Gina K Campbell

Lying together, legs intertwined
I see us sketched in thick, black lines
Our figures painted rough & bold
Every curve in red and gold
Framed & hung upon a wall
Envied by lovers great & small

Everything we do is art

Your calloused hands run down my hip
Your ear hangs from my lower lip
You whisper sweet nothings in my ear
But poetry is what I hear
Our hearts beat out a symphony
As you speak these words to me

Everything we do is art

Our bodies express; our words inspire
Each glance we share invokes desire
A score is climaxed with each caress
A masterpiece and nothing less
We arouse respect, creating much
Transcend the senses when we touch

Everything we do is art

1 comment:

Tiffany said...

That is really sweet, Gina.