About Me

My photo
I love Jesus. I love my family. I love photography. I love books. I love thinking. Probably in that order. I have a wonderful husband, five beautiful daughters, a house, and a camera. I enjoy spending time talking to my husband, playing with my girls, redecorating my house and shooting things with my camera. In my spare time, I sleep.

Monday, September 14, 2009

Newborn Photography

As much as I like to think of myself as a photographer, there is just so much that I don't know & so much I have yet to learn that I still am hesitant to take photography jobs with confidence. Yesterday I had my first "photo shoot" with a newborn taking pictures of a friend's month old baby. I was nervous about lighting a newborn indoors on dark chilly day with very little natural light but I was so happy with how well they turned out that I just want to show them off to everybody! I ended up getting the chance to utilize my new Canon flash, using it to bounce the light off of their white ceiling and it worked perfectly! No harsh light, no flash in baby's eyes, and all kinds of neat shadows to showcase the beautiful wrinkles of a newborn! I learned something new about my equipment, about lighting & about posing babies and hopefully the parents were rewarded with some nice photos of baby Luc.






View more here.

No comments: