About Me

My photo
I love Jesus. I love my family. I love photography. I love books. I love thinking. Probably in that order. I have a wonderful husband, five beautiful daughters, a house, and a camera. I enjoy spending time talking to my husband, playing with my girls, redecorating my house and shooting things with my camera. In my spare time, I sleep.

Saturday, September 26, 2009

Acacia Update

Just wanted to update eveyone quickly about what is going on with me & the baby. She is doing much better. She has been on the antibiotics for a day now & her white blood cell count this morning was back in normal range. Her lungs seems to be clear of fluid. She is nursing really well & has the oxygen tube out now. Her oxygen levels have been good but she still drops whenever she gets really upset and that is the only real concern. She had an Echo this morning to rule out any problems with her heart and they didn't see anything concerning so that is good. The bad news is that I am being sent home this evening while Acacia is going to be here for a few more days. I can't hardly think about that without tearing up but I suppose it is for the best. As such I'll have to come in often to nurse her and I'll have to pump & bring in the milk so that they can feed her during the night. Doctor says she acts like a totally normal healthy baby...they just want to be sure that all signs of a possible infection are cleared up before she goes home. The next few days are going to be stressful & emotionally draining for me as I make trips back & forth between home and the hospital. My other girls will still be with my parents for a few more days so that will be good for me but possibly hard on them (both the girls & my parents!) Keep talking to God about us...He has blessed us so much!
There are some new photos of Acacia on my photosite to look at if you want.

2 comments:

Shay said...

Oh Gina! I'm so sorry. I couldn't imagine what your going thro right now. PLEASE let me know if I can do anything to help. Seriously I'm not that far away and would love to help in anyway I can.

I will pray for everyone's strength thro this hard time.

sixbehrs said...

She is beautiful, Gina. I will pray for you. Hope she's home soon.