"It is good to give thanks to the Lord, And to sing praises to Your name, O Most High; To declare Your lovingkindness in the morning, And your faithfulness every night," Psalm 92:1-2 (NKJV)As a personal challenge to myself I have decided to be more forthright in recognizing & giving thanks for the many blessings in my life. I feel that too often I focus on negatives and thus lose the battle in my mind to triumph in my Christian walk. Therefore I am going to strive to list periodically, things that I praise God for in my life. Today...let the praises begin to flow!
1) I am grateful that I have a marriage that I feel secure in, as so many couples struggle with insecurities.
2) I am grateful to have parents & grandparents who have set a strong example of love & commitment in marriage and have continued to be a source of security in my life.
3) I am grateful for the opportunity to stay at home with my children and watch them blossom every day.
4) I am grateful for Christian friends who love & inspire & challenge me even when we don't get to see each other.
5) I am grateful for finding good books that uplift rather than drag down.
6) I am grateful for the hope that keeps life worth living & the Word that reminds me of that hope even in a world of doubt.
7) I am grateful for sunshine-filled days...and for the cold days that help me appreciate the sunshine days even more.
8) I am grateful for memories. Nothing brings us joy and/or keeps us humble more than our memories.
9) I am grateful for music and how it can express emotions more clearly than anything else I can think of.
10) I am grateful that I am forgiven & loved even in my more ungrateful & unflattering moments.