About Me

My photo
I love Jesus. I love my family. I love photography. I love books. I love thinking. Probably in that order. I have a wonderful husband, five beautiful daughters, a house, and a camera. I enjoy spending time talking to my husband, playing with my girls, redecorating my house and shooting things with my camera. In my spare time, I sleep.

Monday, December 15, 2008

A Partridge in a Pear Tree

When I was a kid I used to think that the true love in the "12 Days of Christmas" gave him a 'Partragenapare Tree' on the 1st day of Christmas. I guess I just thought it was a strange exotic tree that I'd never heard of before, and as a kid I failed to notice that birds were a common gift of his true love and perhaps I just didn't know what a partridge was at that point in my life. Even now at age 28, I still have a hard time not hearing/singing 'partragenapare tree' instead of "partidge in a pear tree". Perhaps mis-hearing the words to songs is a common thing. My family still can't sing 'He Arose' at church on Easter Sunday without cracking up remembering my little brother's lyrics. Instead of singing, "Up from the grave he arose with a might triumph o'er his foes", my dear brother sang, "Up from the grave he arose with a mighty trumpet for his nose."!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is really cute!

Just wanted to let you know that we received your Christmas picture/letter. That was such beautiul photography on your card - nice work! You are very talented. The whole thing was very pretty. And the letter was fun to read too. Hope you enjoy the rest of your holiday season. - Anna