About Me

My photo
I love Jesus. I love my family. I love photography. I love books. I love thinking. Probably in that order. I have a wonderful husband, five beautiful daughters, a house, and a camera. I enjoy spending time talking to my husband, playing with my girls, redecorating my house and shooting things with my camera. In my spare time, I sleep.

Thursday, December 4, 2008

Nothing to write....than Thursday Thunks

Here's a little Thursday Thunks action since I haven't written for a week and feel I need a new post before I leave for the weekend.

1. Have you ever not thought about the possibility of suicide?

This question is asked really weird. I have never thought about the possibility of suicide. However there was one day (ONLY ONE Day in my entire life) when I was truly depressed and got a brief glimpse into what the world must be like for those without hope in Christ who suffer with depression on a daily basis. I thank God for that glimpse because it gave me a greater understanding of the world's need for Jesus. Suicide is not the answer--but to a world without Jesus I now see why it is unfortunetly such a problem.

2. How many dogs have you owned in your life? What kind? What were their names?

I personally have never owned a dog. I am not really an animal person. My parents had a few dogs when I was growing up on the farm. Most of them were bought under the guise of being my brother's dog but the first one they owned I sort of claimed as my dog. I don't know if they got her before I was born or when I was a baby but I am the first born in my family and the dog was around for as long as I was so she was "my" dog more than any other dog has been. Her name was Cindy & she was a good dog. Died long before I left home. As far as I know, she is one of the few dogs we owned that didn't get run over or shot for eating chickens.

3. In one word, what do most people describe you as?

It's hard to say...probably most people who don't know me well would describe me as 'shy'. Those who do know me well...maybe 'creative'. Although I feel as though neither of those words really describe me accurately.

4. Do you watch HouseMD? Why not?

Wow...this question certainly assumes an answer. I don't, however, watch HouseMD on a regular basis because I don't have television so I don't watch anything unless it's on DVD. I have, however, watched HouseMD a couple of times at my in-laws house and found it to be a rather fascinating program. My mom says she's never watched it because it looks 'disturbing'.
idk.

5. What irritates you most about your neighbors?

I suppose it's that they have such nice lawns and make ours stand out as the sore thumb of the neighborhood! Yeah...they are the best neighbors though. (Even though they make us look bad lawn-wise. ;)

6. Have you ever called someone in for some sort of abuse or neglect on humans, animals or property?

No.

7. What color is the sky in your world?

Well, being the practical sort--my sky is pretty much blue when it's sunny and gray when it's not. Sometimes though when the sun is setting...Wow!!

8. Did you see those 2 planets that everyone is talking about this week?

I beleive I did. I didn't know everyone was talking about them. All I know is that my husband pointed out these two bright "stars" and I said "I'll bet those are planets because I don't remember those being there before" and he said "could be" and so I'd have to say yes, I think I did see them. Which planets were they?

9. Would you like to submit your own question for future Thursday Thunks?

I don't care.

10. Do you have a skin condition? Are you gonna tell us what it is?

I little personal perhaps? I just recently have noticed weird skin happenings...pretty much since I had strep throat. I haven't had it medically diagnosed but my suspision is that it is mild case of psoriosis.

11. Have you ever had an STD?

No. (Now we're getting really personal!)

12. Do you do any crafts?

I'm not sure what qualifies as 'crafts' but I used to do all kinds of crafty, fine artsy things when I was younger (beading, crocheting, wheat weaving) but recently I haven't really been doing much of that kind of stuff. I stick mostly with computer or photo related creative outlets. (Scrapbooks, collages, videos, etc.) I wouldn't mind getting back into some type of craft but young children running amuck makes it more difficult.

13. Peanut Butter & Jelly - what flavor is the jelly?

Always grape. (I'm not sure I've ever even had a PB&J with a flavor other than grape.)

14. Stripes or polka-dots?

Uh...here's where my practical side comes out again. It depends on the stripes; it depends on the polka-dots; it depends on the objects for which they're meant. Perhaps I'll go with my instincts here and declare that I prefer neither.

15. What accent drives you crazy? Is it a good crazy or a bad crazy?

Well, most accents drive me crazy in a good way. My hubby has a talent for mimicking different accents and I find it quite appealing! My favorite is probably Latino. I love the way Spanish-speaking people sound when they speak English! It certainly drives me crazy in a very good way.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

My neighbors lawn is nicer than ours too, and it really bugs me. Ours has little grass and lots of sand(I live in Florida). Never tried any jelly except grape huh? Why not try some strawberry jam? It tastes soooo much better.

Love your blog BTW!!

Meanma said...

Hate to burst your dog bubble....but I'm pretty sure Cindy got run over, too. Mom

Gina said...

I wondered about that but that's why I wrote "as far as I know". Couldn't really remember how she died but at least she lived longer than any of our other dogs.

AMBeutler said...

Venus and Jupiter. James has been teaching Amanda and Clara about them... It is pretty cute to hear a 20 month old trying to say Jupiter! :)

Unknown said...

Hey Gina, I tagged you on my blog today. Sam