About Me

My photo
I love Jesus. I love my family. I love photography. I love books. I love thinking. Probably in that order. I have a wonderful husband, five beautiful daughters, a house, and a camera. I enjoy spending time talking to my husband, playing with my girls, redecorating my house and shooting things with my camera. In my spare time, I sleep.

Friday, May 27, 2011

The Beauty of Western Nebraska

Nebraska has a bad rep for being flat & boring.  We are known for our open air and corn fields.  And those of us that live here often long for mountains, beaches, palm trees or deserts.  Driving across the state on Interstate 80 can be long & monotonous--it's true.  But the fact is that Nebraska really is beautiful if you're willing to notice.  And, as any true Nebraskan will tell you, there really is no place like it.

Many people new to the area marvel at the clarity & immensity of the night sky and the brilliance of the stars.  Here in the panhandle we have the geologically marvelous sandhills and the gorgeous buttes scattered throughout.  And there really is something wonderful about standing in front of a wheat field in the July wind and watching the "amber waves of grain."   It really is beautiful.

Beautiful Nebraska
words by Jim Fras and Guy Gage Miller and music by Jim Fras

Beautiful Nebraska, peaceful prairie land.

Laced with many rivers and the hills of sand:
Dark green valleys cradled in the earth,
Rain and sunshine bring abundant birth.

CHORUS:
Beautiful Nebraska, as you look around,
You will find a rainbow reaching to the ground:
All these wonders by the Master's hand:
Beautiful Nebraska land.

We are so proud of this state where we live.
There is no place that has so much to give.

CHORUS:

Beautiful Nebraska, as you look around,
You will find a rainbow reaching to the ground:
All these wonders by the Master's hand:
Beautiful Nebraska land.

Enjoy the beauty of western Nebraska as seen through my camera!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

WOW, the place looks amazing , but I think your skill of taking great shots like that helped as well,
beautiful photos!!!

fullofgracex9 said...

BEAUTIFUL! I miss it! Your photos are fabulous!!

Anita Johnson said...

Ditto...just BEAUTIFUL...but the rainbow took my brath away.

RaeAnn Conroy said...

So beautiful...makes me homesick!

Sam said...

These pictures are amazing!! I love your skills, and the scenery is lovely!