About Me

My photo
I love Jesus. I love my family. I love photography. I love books. I love thinking. Probably in that order. I have a wonderful husband, five beautiful daughters, a house, and a camera. I enjoy spending time talking to my husband, playing with my girls, redecorating my house and shooting things with my camera. In my spare time, I sleep.

Friday, October 10, 2008

Sharing Over the Rhine

A very good friend of mine back during my college days introduced me to the music of Over The Rhine. It took me a little while to warm up to them but within a year they were my favorite and they have yet to be knocked from that position. I LOVE their music. Their lyrics are so poetic, profound, and dare I say, esoteric; the accompanying music is soulful, mystical, and alluring; and Karin's (the lead singer's) voice is just phenomenal...exquisite. While my fondness for their work is quite extreme, I have found that over the past six or seven years I have been fairly possessive & protective of them. I have hesitated to share them with people freely as I fear that they would either not be received with the proper awe or that they will become so commonly enjoyed that they are no longer special. Both of these fears I have come to see as being quite ridiculous and thus have chosen to share my favorite music with all of you. What follows are a few Youtube videos of them. Not particularly my favorite songs (since they seem hard to come by on You Tube) but a few I felt worth sharing that perhaps will prick your interest and draw you to the greatest music group of our time. Hope you enjoy them as much as me.

I thought this one was appropriate for an intro to their music. Because I don't want to waste your time with music you don't need. But I think you'll need more OTR.



This is a fun song: Trouble.



Spark



This next song is the one that I sung all last Christmas season. Their Christmas Album (Snow Angels) is unlike any Christmas album you've ever heard before. Awesome.



Okay, I can't resist putting one more on here. I don't really care for the "video" that someone put with this but this song is one of my favorites. Probably because it was one of the first songs of theirs that I heard and enjoyed.




Okay so if you have anymore interest in them check out their website. It's awesome.

No comments: