About Me

My photo
I love Jesus. I love my family. I love photography. I love books. I love thinking. Probably in that order. I have a wonderful husband, five beautiful daughters, a house, and a camera. I enjoy spending time talking to my husband, playing with my girls, redecorating my house and shooting things with my camera. In my spare time, I sleep.

Thursday, May 31, 2012

Repost: Snow White

I don't know why but it seems there has been a renewed interest in the story of "Snow White".  Just this year we've seen the media tell the story in the ABC Tv drama "Once Upon A Time", the lighthearted Julia Robert's film "Mirror, Mirror", and in theaters tomorrow, the action/drama "Snow White and the Huntsman".  As such, I thought it would be a good time to repost this post that I wrote in May of 2009. Enjoy...


Once upon a time....

There was a beautiful, innocent girl. Out of pride & jealousy, the evil queen tricked her into eating poisoned fruit. As a result the girl took on a form of death. She remained in this state until the son of the king came to her and through miraculous means restored her to proper life. He then took her as his bride to reside in his father's castle to live happily ever after while the evil queen was banished forever!

What a wonderful story...that most of you will recognize as a simplified version of Snow White. However, the reason I love this story (although I never really liked the Disney version much) is because it is not just a silly fairy tale. It is a true story. It is our story...it is God's love story and we are Snow White.

Because once upon a time (about 10 thousand years ago) God created everything and it was very good. But people were the pinnacle of his creation, his beloved. We were glorious & innocent. Satan was the most beautiful & glorious of all the angels and his heart was filled with pride and he hated humans because they were the most beloved of all God's creation. In his jealousy he purposed to destroy our beauty. He wanted us to die. He came in disguise to the people in the garden and tempted them into eating the fruit that would poison them & cause them to die a spiritual death (& eventually a physical death) One bite from that "forbidden" fruit and we were plunged into a separation from the existence of the True Life of which they had been a part. Satan thought he had won. He had taken our beauty & our life away. But this was not to be the end of the story. The son of the King, Jesus Christ, came to rescue us. Because of His love for us He "kissed the taste of death" (so to speak) right out of our mouth. He overcame death for us and redeemed us to life again. This is where we now exist in this story. But the rest of the story is foretold and it ends very similarly to the story of Snow White. One day...our Prince, Jesus Christ, will take us home with Him to his Father's Castle to be His "snow white" spotless bride. And the Father will banish Satan to the bottomless pit--to be eternally cast out of Life in the Father's Kingdom. And we all will live happily ever after with the King! Amen!

"This grace was given us in Christ Jesus before the beginning of time, but it has now been revealed through the appearing of our Savior, Christ Jesus, who has destroyed death and has brought life and immortality to light through the gospel." (2 Timothy 1:9-10) NIV

"But God will redeem my life from the grave;
he will surely take me to himself." (Psalm 49:15) NIV

"When the perishable has been clothed with the imperishable, and the mortal with immortality, then the saying that is written will come true: "Death has been swallowed up in victory." "Where, O death, is your victory? Where, O death, is your sting?" The sting of death is sin, and the power of sin is the law. But thanks be to God! He gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ." (1 Corinthians 15:54-57) NIV

No comments: