About Me

My photo
I love Jesus. I love my family. I love photography. I love books. I love thinking. Probably in that order. I have a wonderful husband, five beautiful daughters, a house, and a camera. I enjoy spending time talking to my husband, playing with my girls, redecorating my house and shooting things with my camera. In my spare time, I sleep.

Sunday, June 12, 2011

Happy 4th Birthday to my Jasmine Jubilee

Four years ago at 3:59 am, after a whoppin' half hour in the hospital...my little Jasmine barged her way into the world.  I was a bit in shock due to the swiftness of her arrival and was a little shaky the first time I held her.  But there was never any doubt that this girl would hold a special place in my heart.


Jazzy-girl-
You are such a spunky little four year old!  You definitely march to the beat of your own drummer.  You ARE your own drummer. I love that about you.  I love that you can be so easy going but that you also know who you are and what you want and you don't let yourself be manipulated.  When you smile, it's like watching the heavens light up with stars.  Your giggle is like the sound of sunshine.  It is so funny to watch you because you are a walking contradiction.  So easy-going...yet so stubborn.  Like sunshine...yet you are my moody brooding child.  You are so independent and yet when you want to be you are the most helpful, cooperative darling. 

You really know how to pack a punch.  So much personality in such a small little body!  You have a set of lungs on you and I get sick of hearing you scream but I love hearing you sing to yourself.  You love to play by yourself and tend to withdraw in large groups of people.  You can certainly talk up a storm but if too many people are around, it is nearly impossible to get a peep out of you. 

You love Dora the Explorer, Tinkerbell & sidewalk chalk.  Your favorite color is purple and when you grow up you want to do a little bit of everything! You would spend most of your time outside if I would let you and you currently refuse to wear anything but dresses.  You are Papa's girl and love to go with him on his tractor.  Although you are not a huge fan of Cody, his dog. 

You are incredibly smart but you like to be sneaky about showing it off.  You don't want me to teach you things but you are really learning a lot from watching me teach Eden.  I was so surprised to hear you sound out the words in one of your books last month because I haven't tried to teach you to read but you're obviously learning it all on your own.  Same with writing.  You know how to spell so many words but you don't want my help learning how to write them...just like everything else...you're doing it on your own terms.  That quality is certainly a challenge for me as your mommy but I really do admire that about you and think that it is a quality that will serve you well as you mature especially if you harness that energy for the Lord.

You are such a unique, special girl, Jasmine Jubilee.  I love you so much and am honored to be your mama.  Happy fourth birthday, darling!

No comments: