About Me

My photo
I love Jesus. I love my family. I love photography. I love books. I love thinking. Probably in that order. I have a wonderful husband, five beautiful daughters, a house, and a camera. I enjoy spending time talking to my husband, playing with my girls, redecorating my house and shooting things with my camera. In my spare time, I sleep.

Thursday, February 12, 2009

A Little Thursday Thunks Action

This week's Thursday Thunks

1.
You are driving down the road and there is a puddle in the road. A big puddle. Not one that will really wreck your car or anything, but a big puddle. There is no other cars in front of you or behind you - do you drive through the puddle or drive around it?

I don't know. It's kind of fun driving through puddles but I'd have to be pretty convinced it wouldn't hurt my vehicle before I drove through it.

2.
Go to Google Images, type in any word that comes to mind and post the 1st picture you see.


3. A college calls you up and says that you have been selected to take get any degree that you want on their dollar.... what do you choose?

Oooo...I'm not sure. Photography would always appeal to me but do I REALLY need a degree in that? I'd probably get a degree in interior design or something like that. Yeah...I'm gonna go with interior design.

4. Are you blogging on a laptop or desktop?

Desktop. I sometimes really wish I had my own laptop but all my info just fits more readily on a desktop & it's really what works best for us.

5. Which store, excluding a grocery store, do you shop at most often?

Un
fortunately...Wal-Mart. I actually went over a month without shopping there a year or two ago but they are just too darn convenient & inexpensive-- I can't help myself!

6.
My daughters tried out for the school musical last night. Were you ever in a school play/musical? Which one?

Oh yeah...I've been in a few. In high school I was one of the theatre kids. I was in almost every production from 10th grade- graduation (Very small school & they didn't have a theatre department my freshman year) The three major productions in high school were "Rehearsal For Murder" in which I played a delivery guy. Then my junior year I was Ms. Claire DeLune with my own solo in the musical "How the West Was Fun" (My brother played the lead!) And then my senior year I was Becky Thatcher in "The Adventures of Tom Sawyer". Fun times! I also was in a few plays in college as well. The notable ones being "Comedy of Errors" in which I had no speaking lines. And then "The Crucible" in which I played Betty Parris. I had so much fun! Some of my best memories of high school involved working on plays!



7. I read yesterday that a school PTA group wants to try to ban white bread, cakes, brownies or any other "treat" from their lunch menus... plus make kids' lunchboxes brought from home not include any "junk food". Thoughts on that one?

I think it's a good thing to rid the lunch menu's of such things and offer only healthier choices, however to ban the parents from being able to pack whatever they want seems to be an invasion of parent rights. If a parent wants to feed their child "junk food" they should be allowed to do so. But I think that the schools themselves should be responsible enough to make better choices for their students than the students will generally make for themselves.

8.
How many people can your kitchen table seat?

Ppbbstt...It is meant to seat 4 but we've squeezed at least 6 people around it before...if not more.

9.
What time is it right now?

10:55 am

10.
Walk out the front door of your house/apartment, turn right, walk 2 blocks. What do you see?

Well..I'm not sure how to measure 'blocks' on my street. I go a block & I'd have to turn on to another road because if I went straight I'd be walking in a field. If I turn on the next street and walk what I'd consider to be another block...well I'd be standing at the highway. Behind me would be the road with our mailboxes in the middle of it; I'd see a field to right & a little house to the left; Straight ahead & to the right would be a more lucrative community of houses. Strait ahead & to the left is a college's experimental field & Straight ahead is the state patrol offices behind another relatively empty field.

3 comments:

Bud Weiser, WTIT said...

My best memories are from drama club, too. Great answers and a nice blog. Have a great day!

Berleen said...

everyone seems to say Walmart! I guess they really do make money, huh?

sixbehrs said...

I love your blog!! And thanks for the picture of "How the West Was Fun!" How cool to see that.