About Me

My photo
I love Jesus. I love my family. I love photography. I love books. I love thinking. Probably in that order. I have a wonderful husband, five beautiful daughters, a house, and a camera. I enjoy spending time talking to my husband, playing with my girls, redecorating my house and shooting things with my camera. In my spare time, I sleep.

Thursday, December 31, 2020

Whisper Goodbye

 Whisper Goodbye 

By Gina K Campbell 

12-31-2020


As the year takes the stage for its final bow

Let us whisper our goodbyes with reverence 

A moment of stillness & a measure of awe

As this time reaches its severance.


This year’s show may have been filled with pain

Disappointment headlining on the marquee

But perseverance & self reflection are the rising stars

Teaching us who we should be.


A new day may await us

But yesterday was our seminary-

A training ground for the roots of our souls

The lessons learned, discretionary.


Perhaps new life is promised

In the fresh-faced year we welcome

But it too will have its heartaches

Happiness will not be it’s only outcome.


Every moment we leave behind us

Every joy, every sting, every loss

Planted something deep within our soil

That we should not rush to toss.


So let us not push & shove this year away

Instead let it settle softly in our hearts

Its deathbed is our stepping stone

And we should embrace it as it departs.






No comments: