About Me

My photo
I love Jesus. I love my family. I love photography. I love books. I love thinking. Probably in that order. I have a wonderful husband, five beautiful daughters, a house, and a camera. I enjoy spending time talking to my husband, playing with my girls, redecorating my house and shooting things with my camera. In my spare time, I sleep.

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

A Mountain Retreat

So, tomorrow I'm headed out of town for a retreat in the mountains of Colorado.  Many of you may have read, or at least heard of, the book "Captivating" by John & Stasi Eldredge.  Well, I'm attending a 'Captivating Retreat'.  And frankly I'm kinda nervous.  The details of what the retreat actually entails are absent from the "event details" page and everything has been left pretty vague.  For a person who appreciates detailed plans as much as I do...well this in itself leaves me a little apprehensive.  But I'm also concerned because it has the potential to be a high-emotion experience, I won't know anyone there, and there will be no contact between me and and my family for 4 days!  It's going to be hard to not be able to call Russ up and tell him about my day.  It's going to be hard not to know what my girls are doing in my absence.  And to top it all off...Friday is my birthday and I won't be able to spend a single moment of it with any person I know.

On the other hand...I am excited!  I get to step away from my ordinary life for a few days and enjoy just being me.  Not "the wife", not "the mom", just me.  And I get the opportunity to meet a variety of woman from all over the country and potentially make new friends.  And most importantly, this is a chance for me to just spend some time listening to and enjoying my friend & my savior, Jesus, while taking in the sights of the Colorado Rockies!

I leave tomorrow morning with no idea what to really expect to come of the next few days but I will anticipate beauty, laughter, tears, and irreplaceable God-moments.  And while I know I'm going to miss my babies, I must trust that this time away is for a higher purpose and will be worth the minutes I miss at home.

Pray for me this weekend.  I'll see you when I get back!

3 comments:

Naeem said...

i have search your blog from google its very informative.we have a list of medical transcription companies.i will revisite ur blog.

Anita Johnson said...

Way to go, Gina! I give you credit for going alone, but that might give you an opportunity to fully enjoy the program. I will pray for you...and Happy Birthday to you too!
Looking forward to hearing about your excellent adventure.

Cle Reveries said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU, my dear friend, and enjoy the program. I'm praying for you