About Me

My photo
I love Jesus. I love my family. I love photography. I love books. I love thinking. Probably in that order. I have a wonderful husband, five beautiful daughters, a house, and a camera. I enjoy spending time talking to my husband, playing with my girls, redecorating my house and shooting things with my camera. In my spare time, I sleep.

Saturday, August 6, 2011

My go-to pancake recipe

So pancakes are a staple breakfast food that I had a hard time finding a good recipe for the first several years of my marriage.  I mean--I am not a fan of boxed pancake mix...too aluminumy for my tastes.  An although nothing can beat the taste of a good buttermilk pancake recipe...I NEVER have buttermilk on hand.  We never even have regular milk on hand as we typically use Unsweetened Almond Milk or Coconut Milk instead.  I tried subbing these in many recipes with average sub-par results until I found the following recipe a little over a year ago.  This recipe tasted great with almond milk.  In fact, almost every time I cook them I marvel at how much they remind me of a super soft cookie.  And it is so easy to do.  I just measure all the ingredients into my KitchenAid and mix.  Super, super easy!  :)  This recipe usually results in about eight 5" pancakes.  Which is perfect for my family but most people may need to make more.  My girls like to eat theirs with syrup but I prefer to have fresh strawberries & powdered sugar on mine...but honestly I think these are tasty totally plain.  Enjoy!

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Tasty Dairy-Free Oatmeal Pancakes

1 c. flour
1 c. quick oats
2 Tb. sugar
2 tsp. baking powder  
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt
1 1/2 c. almond milk
2 tsp. vanilla
4 Tb. oil
2 eggs

Place all ingredients in food processor and puree until smooth.
Heat a lightly oiled griddle or frying pan over medium high heat.  Pour or scoop batter onto griddle.  Brown on both sides and serve hot.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------




1 comment:

Anita Johnson said...

I've enjoyed looking at your last few posts...such great pictures, Gina. Fun, 5QFriday too! I'm always looking for good breakfasts for when our kids visit, i'll try these pancakes ASAP!