About Me

My photo
I love Jesus. I love my family. I love photography. I love books. I love thinking. Probably in that order. I have a wonderful husband, five beautiful daughters, a house, and a camera. I enjoy spending time talking to my husband, playing with my girls, redecorating my house and shooting things with my camera. In my spare time, I sleep.

Tuesday, September 1, 2020

Cute things my kids have said: Part 17



1-6-20
Bria: “Mom, I need to tell you something.” (Her favorite way to get my attention lately.) “Look at me.” (I look at her.) (She begins to stroke my head) “You need to love your forehead when it’s on you. It feels weird.”

1-7-20
Bria: “Mom! Get off your phone! Don’t make me sit on you.”

1-16-20
Watching Parks & Rec, Chris Trager (Rob Lowe) enters...
Jasmine: “He’s kinda handsome. But I don’t like his chin.”

2-1-20
Jasmine had a dream that she got a boyfriend named Raiven who was African American with bright green eyes; black curly hair with blond streaks.

2-26-20
Why is this toddler crying?
It’s because we won’t put mustard on her peanut butter & jelly sandwich...


2-27-20
I was pondering to myself (out loud in front of my two challenge kids) “Do I want a Starbucks today?” After some some debate with Eden about whether the question should have been, “Should I have a Starbucks today?” Jasmine speaks up with contempt & sarcasm in her tone, “You should make an ANI chart.”

3-13-20
Kira (singing “I saw the sign” by Ace of Base): “What if the sign she saw said ‘No more people crossing the road’ and she got real mad about it so she wrote that song!”

3-15-20
Eden: “That yard looks like a hairy leg.”

3-15-20
Going through the drive thru at Runza, a young man serving at the window. He takes my money and goes inside. From the back seat Bria says, “He is really handsome.”



4-3-20
Talking to Bria about her friend Cooper. Bria: “I kinda feel like dating him.”
A little bit later...
Bria: “I want to go to Cooper’s house.”
Me: “Why”
Bria: “Because he’s handsome.”
Jasmine & I laugh.
Bria: “I know why you’re laughing. It’s because I said he’s handsome”
Me: “Did you say it because you knew we’d laugh or because you really think he’s handsome?”
Bria: “Because you’d laugh.”
Jasmine: “So you don’t really think he’s handsome?”
Bria: “No.”

4-3-20
After our home alarm was set for the night the cat started whining because he wanted out. We told him no. After Kira explained to him why he couldn’t go out she sang “who kept the cat in” (to the tune of who let the dog out!) 

4-9-20
Talking about movies, Kira: “They always say ‘I’ll never leave you’ but then they find an idea and leave.”

4-10-20 
Bria: I want to go to church now.
Me: They won’t let us go to church right now because of germs.
Bria: Can you buy a mask for me? So we can not get germs.

4-21-20
I was making cinnamon rolls and had flour all over my hands. Bria was watching me from the couch. “Do you know what your hands are saying? They’re saying, ‘Shake it off! Oh oh, shake it off!’”

4-21-20
Bria (from the couch...in a serious inquisitive tone): “Do you have protectors from the lava?”

4-24-20
Bria was flicking her face and saying “it doesn’t really hurt to flick your face” so I flicked her face and asked her if that hurt and then Russ said “What about this” and he flicked his face to make the “bwoink” sound. Bria got all excited and exclaimed, “That’s flicking good!”

4-29-20
Russ was pushing Bria really high on the swing. Bria: “Woah, this faints my brain!”

4-29-20
Bria’s newest thing is to answer questions with, “Of course I can” or “Of course I will”! It’s too cute!

5-2-20
Me: “Bria, will you make me a grilled cheese sandwich?”
Bria: “Yeah! I tried it before and I was really good at it!”
Russ: “You made a grilled cheese sandwich before?”
Bria: (with a snarky smile & her eyebrow raised). “Yeah..duh”
Russ: “When did you make a grilled cheese sandwich?”
Bria: “5 years ago.”

5-3-20
Bria wanted to pray for supper... “Dear God. Help the hail, storm & tornadoes not to get here. Whatever, whatever, whatever. Blah, blah, blah. Amen.”

5-3-20
Bria: “I have an angel on my buttcrack.”

5-8-20
Bria just told Harlee, “Your breath smells like gold.”

5-10-20
“Im Silly mctooterson”. Bria

5-11-20
Bria to Kira: “I didn’t ask you; I askeded myself. Sometimes people like to say stuff out loud!”

5-12-20
Bria: “Please help me wash my hands so my fingers don’t taste bad when I suck them.”

5-14-20
Bria: “Smell my hands. They smell like lotion. Baby lotion. Baby bee lotion. You know, bee lotion—not B like the number; bee like the animal.”

5-18-20
Bria puts her hand on my shoulder and looks right into my eyes with a serious look and says, “The chunks in your body are your ankles so don’t bother them.” *pause* “And don’t bother us either because we don’t want to go to bed.

5-24-20
Jasmine (looking at Eden’s egg drop soup): “What is that?! It looks like snot in a bowl with tissues in it.”

5-28-20
In a public bathroom.
Bria: “It smells like fart sushi.”

5-29-20
Walking the monument trail and Bria keeps falling behind so we keep challenging her to a race to catch up. She stops (exasperated): “This is cracking me open!”

5-30-20
Jasmine made some meringues and gave one to Bria.
Bria: “Mmm...that’s pretty dope.”
Jasmine: “What?!”
Bria: “‘Pretty dope’ means it’s good.”

6-27-20
Bria’s new favorite phrase: “It all makes sense!”

6-29-20
Eden was talking and got some phlegm in her throat. Bria "How do you jiggle your breath?”

6-30-20
Bria: (while looking through a little Gideon New Testament): “Did Jesus say bad words?”

6-30-20
Bria: “My chocolate milk tastes like...good stuff!”


7-13-20
Bria (while taking a bath) randomly asks me: "Why did Jesus buy us?" and then "Why did Jesus build us?"


7-15-20
Bria: "I just wanted to play with Jasmine & Kira but they wouldn't let me. They broke my heart."

7-16-20
Bria comes in carrying a glove and hits my arm with it. I said, “Hey, why are you hitting me?” Bria: “I’m not. I’m slapping you with holiness!”

7-18-20
Bria was taking pretend pictures with her toy camera and had me pose. She looked at her “screen” and said “You were happy-facing.”

7-26-20
Bria just referred to my Bible as “your Jesus book”


7-29-20
Bria was singing, “I love my mom & dad but I’m going into the world.”


7-31-20
Reading a book with Bria,
Me: “What letter is this?”
Bria: “B!”
Me: “Yes! What sound does a B make?”
Bria: “buzzzzzzz”

7-31-20
I was baking banana bread with Bria. As I was pouring the batter into the pan she says, "I want everyone to taste this when it's done ovening up!"

8-2-20
While driving down the road Bria speaks up from the back seat, “Eeww! It smells like farts mixed with gas station mixed with cleaning supplies.”

8-9-20
Bria: (watching tv) "They are making out! I'm not suppose to see that!"

8-10-20
Bria: "Your tickling makes me want to poop."

8-23-20
Bria: “I want to lay on it like a mannequin!” (She meant hammock). 

8-27-20
Bria: “Your breath smells like carrots mixed with diapers.”

9-1-20
Bria’s prayer at breakfast this morning: “Dear God, help the hail & storm not to get here. Help Jesus to get here. Help everyone to not get sick and to just calm down. Amen."


No comments: