About Me

My photo
I love Jesus. I love my family. I love photography. I love books. I love thinking. Probably in that order. I have a wonderful husband, five beautiful daughters, a house, and a camera. I enjoy spending time talking to my husband, playing with my girls, redecorating my house and shooting things with my camera. In my spare time, I sleep.

Wednesday, March 25, 2009

It is good to give thanks to the Lord...

"It is good to give thanks to the Lord, And to sing praises to Your name, O Most High; To declare Your lovingkindness in the morning, And your faithfulness every night," Psalm 92:1-2 (NKJV)
As a personal challenge to myself I have decided to be more forthright in recognizing & giving thanks for the many blessings in my life. I feel that too often I focus on negatives and thus lose the battle in my mind to triumph in my Christian walk. Therefore I am going to strive to list periodically, things that I praise God for in my life. Today...let the praises begin to flow!

1) I am grateful that I have a marriage that I feel secure in, as so many couples struggle with insecurities.
2) I am grateful to have parents & grandparents who have set a strong example of love & commitment in marriage and have continued to be a source of security in my life.



3) I am grateful for the opportunity to stay at home with my children and watch them blossom every day.
4) I am grateful for Christian friends who love & inspire & challenge me even when we don't get to see each other.

5) I am grateful for finding good books that uplift rather than drag down.

6) I am grateful for the hope that keeps life worth living & the Word that reminds me of that hope even in a world of doubt.

7) I am grateful for sunshine-filled days...and for the cold days that help me appreciate the sunshine days even more.

8) I am grateful for memories. Nothing brings us joy and/or keeps us humble more than our memories.

9) I am grateful for music and how it can express emotions more clearly than anything else I can think of.

10) I am grateful that I am forgiven & loved even in my more ungrateful & unflattering moments.

No comments: